Lindsay Bunker's Introductory Post

Introduction Video

I used both Pic Collage and Animoto to create my introduction post. I added stickers on my images to describe a little more about me through Pic Collage. The peach on the last image was meant to stand for "Georgia Peach." These are both great for students to use in the classroom because they can edit videos and add text to videos to work on spelling. The students can share images based on a certain concept or retelling a story by putting the images in order. Students can also use technology when they are learning to use their words in speaking publicly. I know I have a couple first graders this year who would love to express themselves through technology instead of their own words when talking publicly.  I love it because it gives students the opportunity to add stickers and texts to their images and/or videos. I let students record themselves retelling stories or solving math equations by telling the steps to video and then let them decorate their images/videos with stickers and other graphics. The students are engaged in the activity and I am getting a full understanding of what the student knows through technology.

I graduated from the University of Tennessee in 2017. I completed student teaching at East Side Elementary School in Chattanooga, Tennessee. I started teaching in Catoosa County right after graduation. I am a first grade teacher at Battlefield Primary School in Fort Oglethorpe Georgia. This is my second year teaching. I am furthering my education by completing the Master's program at Jacksonville State University in Early Childhood Education. Outside of education, I am a wife to my wonderful husband, Sam Bunker. We have been married for a year. On our year anniversary we bought a boat and on the lake is where you can find us on most weekends! I am a cheerleading coach at Lakeview Fort Oglethorpe High School. I enjoy hiking, being outdoors, painting, and coaching. I also love aquariums!

Technology topics I am interested in are the best ways to utilize technology in the classroom, what works best for other teachers with technology and primary aged students, sharing sites and apps that work best for students, apps that keep students engaged, the list goes on. I am interested in any technology that can be utilized in the classroom that is fun and interactive for the students. I am open to all opportunities when it comes to technology in the classroom. I love hearing about what works best for other teachers as well.

I use social media in my personal and professional life. I use email, pic collage, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram all in my personal and professional life. In my professional life, I also use Kahoot, Nearpod, Story Bots, and Class Dojo. I use Nearpod for virtual field trips, and Pinterest for different ideas in education and also in my own personal life with cooking recipes and ideas for my home. I use Class Dojo for students to share their work with their parents and record videos of their learning. I also use Class Dojo for points with rewarding behavior. It is school wide at my school to utilize Class Dojo. I use Story Bots for math, the names are already entered so the computer selects a student to answer a question.I use Kahoot as well to check understanding in the classroom. I am always looking for new ways to incorporate technology in the classroom.

My career aspirations are to continue in the primary grades as an educator in Catoosa County and to continue growing and learning to best serve all my students in my class. I want to be a difference maker in my student's lives and help them reach their full potential.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Module Two

Module Three

Module One